Sunday, October 5, 2008

2008 National Yoyo Champion is...JOSEPH HARRIS

I feel guilty about this. After all the politics behind the scenes, I know deep down I was not suppose to compete. I just want this to be clear; I did not intend to offend anyone in the Japanese Yoyo community nor do I "not care" about the rules in Japan. It's a long story and like I said, most of it is behind the scenes so there is no reason why it should be mentioned publicly. That's the last time I'm going to talk about it publicly.

My 9th National yoyo competition. My 9th time going to Chico. It has finally happened. I never felt better about my routine when I finished my performance. I gave it all I got and left it up to the judges. They agreed that I was the best double-handed player in the Nation that 1st weekend of October 2008. Thank you judges. That means the world to me.

Of course, thank you to my sponsor YOYOJAM who provided for me everything I needed to win this contest. Thank you to all the yoyo companies that sponsored the contest as well as the other sponsors. None of this would have been as great as it was without their help. And of course, thank you to Bob and the Bird in Hand gang for running this competition since 1993. It was the first year it rained!!! I couldn't believe it. The rain and the results! Just like that I am now the National Champion.

Life is calling...back to being a college student at the University of San Francisco. (^_^)

*EDIT 10 minutes later*

That was quick! Someone uploaded my freestyle ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU RYAN GEE! There's a youtube below AND vimeo link (thanks Matt! aka Boxthor)


2008 Nationals - 2A - Joseph Harris from Box thor on Vimeo.

3 comments:

André said...

Great job Joseph!!! :)

Mayhem Radio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mayhem Radio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
yoyojam